Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Devilettes

So.

I'm having lunch at Canter's Deli on Fairfax a few months back, and I can't help but notice that a procession of maybe ten girls is passing me on their way to their table, and they all have little pink devil horns on their heads and "Devilettes" stenciled on their booties.

This is pretty much the origin of my photographic impulse. The intensely hot reality that is Jade is what convinced me that I needed badly to start photographing the beautiful women I keep encountering, but the Devilettes were that perfect opportunity, that chance I simply couldn't pass up, really the first girls I asked to photograph. I asked them if I could take their picture and they said Please! And I took their picture with their cameras as well. It turns out they are a troupe of go-go dancers from San Francisco, and were going to perform that night at Spaceland in Los Feliz. I couldn't make it to the show unfortunately, but i hope to catch them next time they are in town.

www.devilettes.com


No comments: